Nightly Performances Featuring The Music Of The Holiday Pops
November 22, 2014 - January 4, 2015
A New Boston Tradition Is Born...Blink!
Blink! - the state-of-the-art light & sound extravaganza that transforms every inch of America's first open marketplace - returns to Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Marketplace Center for a third year in November 2014.
This magical and unforgettable light show uses over 350,000 LED lights to illuminate Boston's skyline - to the song stylings of the Holiday Pops - in a seven-minute spectacle that runs continuously each evening.
The lights dance seamlessly to the music through every inch of Faneuil Hall, including the largest Christmas tree in the northeast, to create a spectacle not to be missed.
The Tree Lighting Ceremony
The festivities begin with the special Tree Lighting Ceremony on Saturday, November 22 featuring Mayor Martin J. Walsh along with national and local celebrities during a live broadcast on WBZ-TV (CBS Boston) from 8-9 pm.
Blink! Fun Facts
- It is the FIRST tree lighting ceremony of the season.
- Last year's event attracted over 30,000 attendees for the opening night ceremony and over 200,000 additional visitors over the holiday season.
- The holiday tree is even bigger than the beloved tree in Rockefeller Center.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace is an official New England Patriots Toy Drive drop off location.
- Globe Santa will appear in the Rotunda at Faneuil Hall Marketplace every Wednesday through Sunday during the holiday season.
The Holiday Season
To keep the holiday excitement growing, a series of outdoor performances will take place throughout the season featuring touring companies of Broadway shows, pop bands, holiday carolers, dance troupes, bell ringers and local musicians.
New Year's Eve - "THE ICE"
The season culminates with "THE ICE" featuring a collection of interactive, family-friendly ice sculptures complemented by live street theater performances from December 30 - January 1, 2015. Its part of the 2015 First Night Boston festivities.
Check back for up to date information regarding all of the holiday programming taking place at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.